Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Grotto @ Mirador Hill, Baguio City

At least a hundred steps leading to an altar? Welcome to the grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes in Baguio City.

The grotto, cut from the Mirador hillside, is a popular pilgrimage destination during Holy Week, where pilgrims climb the 252 steps to the statue.

It also offers a great view of Baguio, and parts of La Union and Pangasinan (including Lingayen Gulf, according to the City of Pines website). But when we got there (after going to Diplomat Hotel), fog was everywhere, so there wasn't much of a view except for near parts of Baguio City.
The view
Steps leading to the altar

I must say....I was exhausted when I reached the top. Note that we were brought by a taxi (you can rent to tour Baguio) there on a road which brings you to the half of the stairs to lessen our burden. I guess this is also a place to get good exercise. :)

But, all my drained energy is paid off when I was able to pray to Our Lady of Lourdes.

There are 2 staircases leading to gates on both sides of the altar. But the area the stars are leading to is off limits. What I know is that there is a convent behind those gates.



When you go to Baguio, make sure to go to the Grotto! :) A pilgrimage site for Catholics, and a breathtaking view for all people. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment