Friday, July 4, 2014

The Convent of the Good Shepherd @ Baguio City

Welcome to the Convent of the Good Shepherd in Baguio City.

This place is commonly the next stop for tourists (like me) who visit the Mines View Park, since it is only a walking distance. This is also where tourists commonly buy jams (strawberry, ube, etc.) and pickled fruit and vegetables made by the sisters of the congregation formed by Saint Mary Euphrasia Pelletier on 1835. (Yes I was able to buy some thought at home I wasn't able to taste some -_-.......at least the strawberry taho was delicious.)


Rainbow Trees adorn the entrance to the Convent
Wew, if only those trees could talk, then the place wouldn't be so holy; imagine the tons of swear words you'll hear. XD

Probably the convent?
There is also a garden to the congregation's founder surrounded by the beautiful pine trees.....wow, after a stressful moment at Mines View Park I am glad to stay here for a while, since the place is literally "cool".






There was also a view of the mountains. Though not very wide-ranged like the view in Mines View Park, at least I wouldn't be suffocating from people slamming into each other like wrecking balls.

Of course, there is still one thing that I did not like to see but is in here somehow: freaking lovers. -_-

Maybe next time I would have the chance to taste their jam. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment